Dark Chocolate Crunchy Protein Balls by The Healthy Process
We all know that snacking is our weak spot & it’s where we give into all our guilty pleasures. Whether it is those mid-morning nibbles or late night cravings, your snacks should complement your daily healthy meals & satisfy those cravings while still being healthy. Kelly from The Healthy Process has the perfect recipe that makes healthy & delicious dark chocolate crunchy protein balls for any time of the day, not just snack time!
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup almond meal
30ml organic maple syrup
1 scoop Kauai protein powder (Kelly used the Kauai Vanilla Protein Powder)
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup Kauai peanut butter
1/2 cup granola/ cacao nibs
4 squares dark chocolate
- Combine all ingredients (except the dark chocolate) into a food processor and blend till it’s all combined and creates a crumbling texture (you want to be able to squeeze the mixture in your hands and for it to stick together. If you need a stickier texture, add some more peanut butter or just a tablespoon or 2 of warm water).
- Roll mixture into balls, roughly a tablespoon size per ball and set aside on a tray or plate lined with baking paper.
- Break up the chocolate into a small glass bowl.
- Using a small saucepan bring some water to the boil, enough to cover half the glass bowl with the chocolate in.
- Put the bowl into the water and stir till all the chocolate has melted.
- Take a protein ball and dip half of it into the melted chocolate and place it back onto the baking paper.
- Repeat till you have half coated all the balls.
- Put the tray/plate into the fridge to set for 20-30 minutes.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze them for up to 2 months.
* Not all Peanut Butter has the same textures which can change the consistency of the mixture. Try to use one that isn’t too hard.
* Makes up to 12-16 balls.
Now that’s how you do snack o’clock! We are absolutely loving all these recipe & Kelly has a lot more healthy recipes for you to try out on her Instagram page, check it out @thehealthyprocess
App your game: Download the Kauai app for Android and Apple.
Keep your feed FRESH: Join the Kauai community and follow us on Instagram and Facebook.