Discovery Vitality Kids Nutrition August Campaign
Vitality Kids Nutrition August campaign and competition terms and conditions
- The Promoters of the Discovery Vitality Kids Campaign and Competition is Discovery Vitality (Pty) Limited (“Discovery Vitality”), Kauai Juice (Pty) Limited (‘’Kauai’’) and HealthyFood Studio.
2.1 All children that participate in the Kids Campaign Nutrition challenge, will receive a FREE small (350ml) smoothie from Kauai.
2.2 In addition, 2 (two) Discovery Vitality main members that participate in the Kids Campaign Nutrition challenge competition stand a chance of winning 1 (one) of 2 (two) virtual kids cooking classes with the HealthyFood Studio valued at R1 000 (one thousand Rand) for their child and 4 (four) friends, plus each participant will receive a R500 (five hundred Rand) Woolworths voucher that can be used to purchase the necessary ingredients for the cooking class.
- The campaign and competition period will run from August 4th to midnight on August 31st.
- All participants need to be a child dependent between ages 2 -14 on a Vitality policy in order to be eligible to receive a FREE small (350ml) smoothie from Kauai. The child’s parents/guardians who is a main member will be entering the campaign and competition on behalf of the child.
- Participants in the campaign and competition are required to reside in South Africa.
- The following requirements must be completed by the main member to be successfully entered into the campaign and competition:
6.1. Complete the VRE registration form as proof of completion of the Kids Campaign Nutrition challenge.
6.2 Select the child that participated in the Kids Campaign Nutrition challenge (main members will need to fill out the VRE registration form for every child that participated).
- Log in to your Vitality profile on the Discovery website or app.
- Go to ‘Event name description’ and type in ‘Kids Challenge Reward & Comp’.
- Select the date, August.
- Click on ‘Race type’ and from the drop-down menu select the event name, ‘Kids Challenge Reward & Comp’.
- Under ‘Member’s race number’, type in your child’s ID or passport number.
- Click on ‘Distance’ and from the drop-down menu select the event name. ‘Kids Challenge Reward & Comp’
- Under the ‘Time’ section, please fill in both time fields. For example: type in ’01hours 00mins‘.
- Upload proof that your child completed the challenge. Proof can be a photo showing the meal cooked by your child, , the family enjoying the meal you cooked or your child cooking in the kitchen.
- Enter the website address where the event was hosted. (In this case you can use discovery.co.za/vitality/kids-campaign-august-2020 or the link of any one of the social media posts for this campaign)
- If you do not want to be included in our prize draw competition to stand the chance to win 1 of 2 virtual kids cooking classes with a HealthyFood Studio chef plus a R500 voucher each from Woolworths to buy all the ingredients for you and 4 friends, select Kids Nutrition Challenge in all the VRE fields. Your child with still receive a free small (350ml) smoothie from Kauai.
- Only one entry over the campaign and competition period per child will be allowed.
8.1 After the closing date, Discovery Vitality will pull all qualifying and relevant data from the campaign after which Discovery Vitality will sms every main member a WiCode for a FREE small (350ml) smoothie for kids that can be redeemed at Kauai;
- Each reward that is selected can only be redeemed at a Kauai store and can only be redeemed once.
- Customers can choose between any small smoothie to redeem the reward (Smoothies/Protein Smoothies/ Superfood Smoothies).
- Any add ons or substitutions to be charged for at normal menu price.
- This reward is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash, transferred, duplicated or sold.
- The validity of the reward will be 3 weeks from date of issue.
- It cannot be used in conjunction with any other instore promotion, discount or voucher other than the “Add a Meal” promotion.
- The reward can only be redeemed in a Kauai store and cannot be redeemed with online orders on the Kauai app or any delivery partners.
- This reward can be redeemed at selected Kauai stores.
- If a Kauai rewards voucher is redeemed at any Kauai store and a customer decides to cancel the order after the transaction has gone through, the QR code will be lost and no longer be available to redeem again
8.2 Any personal data relating to the participants will be used in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 04 of 2013 (“POPI”).
8.3 Data pulled for the purposes of the campaign and competition will be based on the completion and submission of proof of the Kids Campaign Nutrition challenge as stated in the steps above. No data will be shared by Discovery Vitality with Kauai or any third party whatsoever.
8.4 In terms of POPI, participants have the right to object in the prescribed manner to the processing of their personal data for purposes of this competition. Participants who wish to object to the processing of their personal data for purposes of this competition select Kids Nutrition Challenge in all the VRE fields. Your child with still receive a free small (350ml) smoothie from Kauai.
9.1 After the closing date, Discovery Vitality will pull all qualifying and relevant data from the campaign after which Discovery Vitality will sms every main member a WiCode for a FREE small (350ml) smoothie that can be redeemed at selected Kauai stores,
9.2 Discovery Vitality will conduct a random draw for the competition in order to select the 2 (two) winners of the virtual kids cooking classes with the HealthyFood Studio valued at R1000 (one thousand Rand) each, plus a R500 Woolworths voucher for themselves and their 4 (four) friends.
- The main member of the policy will be contacted as 1 (one) of 2 (two) winners by 09 September 2020 by either telephone, email or both. With their written consent, the winners may be required to appear and be identified in the October edition of the Vitality newsletter or on the Vitality Facebook page at no fee to them. The prize winner can decline the option of appearing or being mentioned in the newsletter or the Vitality Facebook page and will not forfeit the prize should they elect to do so.
- Discovery Vitality will attempt to contact each of the winners by email and phone. Should the prize not be claimed within 2 (two) months the prizes will be forfeited and a new winner chosen.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash and/or transferred.
- Discovery Vitality retains full discretion to choose the winners. The decision is final and cannot be contested.
- The promoter/s reserve the right to alter or terminate the campaign and competition at its discretion. In the event of such alteration or termination, all participants shall waive any rights which they may have against the promoter/s, their affiliates or associated companies and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature against the promoters. Prior notice will be given to the participants in the event of such alteration or termination
- Directors, partners, employees, agents of, consultants or any other similarly connected individuals of Discovery Vitality and Discovery Group of companies, Kauai and HealthyFood Studio are not eligible to enter the competition for the HealthyFood Studio prize.
- 16. Discovery Vitality and Discovery Group of companies, Kauai and HealthyFood Studio will not be held responsible for any misrepresentation caused due to an unintentional copy error, typing error or omission that may occur on any of our promotional material and communications.
- By participating in this campaign and competition all participants agree to be bound by these rules and the Vitality Main Rules.
- 18. To the extent that Discovery Vitality collects and processes the participants personal information, Discovery Vitality warrants that such processing shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and shall not be disclosed to any third party without the participants written consent.
18.1 In terms of POPI, participants have the right to object in the prescribed manner to the processing of their personal data for purposes of this competition. Participants who wish to object to the processing of their personal data for purposes of this competition may email their Vitality membership number and the date range of the campaign to
KVHRCompetition@discovery.co.za* during the competition period.
- By selecting to participate in the campaign and competition, You accept the terms and conditions governing your participation and indemnify Discovery Vitality, its holding company, subsidiaries, any of its affiliated and/or constituent bodies, and directorates and or/or any representative, employee, servant or agent of the a foregoing bodies or persons against any claim whatsoever and howsoever arising which may be made against them or any of them by any person and/or against any liability which may be incurred by you and/or any damage arising directly or indirectly out of any act or omission of any nature whatsoever, whether negligent or otherwise (including gross negligence), on our part.
- By entering this campaign and competition, you warrant that the relevant medical checks have been completed and that there are no medical restrictions to your child’s participation in the campaign and competition.
- Discovery Vitality members can obtain a copy of the Vitality Main Rules here.